LOL Acne breakout due to whey protein

Christina.A

8 Dec 2014
Tampines
Anyone have this problem of acne outbreak due to whey protein?
is there any other alternatives that would not cause it?
Please share!

skywalk

19 May 2015
Hi Christina,

Acne breakout may not be entirely the fault of the whey protein you're taking. Typically for girls it could be hormonal, and the timing just happened to coincide with you taking protein.

i don't know if you have a history of acne, but you need to control the oil and breakouts, otherwise you risk getting dark spots that will take months and months to go away (PIH)

I suggest you start hydrating a lot more with fresh water (at least 2.5L per day)
and start using oil control products. I personally like sastid soap (available at all pharmacies) which has salicylic acid and sulpher, pat dry and apply a very low 2.5% benzoyl peroxide pimple cream, followed by a very light water-based moisturizer. Don't use anything with mineral oil or petroleum based products in your facial moisturizer!

Christina.A

8 Dec 2014
Tampines
Hi Christina,

Acne breakout may not be entirely the fault of the whey protein you're taking. Typically for girls it could be hormonal, and the timing just happened to coincide with you taking protein.

i don't know if you have a history of acne, but you need to control the oil and breakouts, otherwise you risk getting dark spots that will take months and months to go away (PIH)

I suggest you start hydrating a lot more with fresh water (at least 2.5L per day)
and start using oil control products. I personally like sastid soap (available at all pharmacies) which has salicylic acid and sulpher, pat dry and apply a very low 2.5% benzoyl peroxide pimple cream, followed by a very light water-based moisturizer. Don't use anything with mineral oil or petroleum based products in your facial moisturizer!
hello thanks for your reply.
yeap i know abt acne and stuff.
i've been using my derm's products for the longest time and it has nv came back until the whey. I drink at least 3L of water a day btw.

Aqilah Adriana

8 Sep 2015
Hi beb! i totally have same issue as you. I recommend you to becareful with protein choices and BCAA choices especially! i try not to take as much BCAA and i try to get natural protein, so like veges and meat! but u should just take cleaner protein, eg: like ON whey as compared lets say to Mutant whey. Because ON whey is much more refined and cleaner! hope it helps.