Discuss What is the best type of free weight for fat loss?

Deimos Athletics

21 Apr 2014
Hey there Gym Kakis,

This is your fellow gym kaki, Deimos Athletics. Just out of curiosity, what do you fellow kakis think is the best type of free weight specifically for fat loss?

1.) Dumb bells/Bar bells

2.) Kettlebells

kettlebell.jpg

3.) Steel Clubs

WOV_SC_Wolf_Fundamentals1-693x420.jpg

4.) Steel Maces

360-500.jpg

5.) Bulgarian Bags

bb-lateral-arm-throw.jpg

6.) Others. Please feel free to specify.

Personally, i feel that kettlebell gives me the best fat burning workout due as it can incorporate cardio and power training in the same workout.

Please feel free to leave any comments

Cheers,
Deimos Athletics.

Attachments

gosu_smurf

7 Jun 2011
depends on the weight and intensity of exercises, i guess ... carrying the Bulgarian Bag over your shoulders and going for a run? :D

Deimos Athletics

21 Apr 2014
depends on the weight and intensity of exercises, i guess ... carrying the Bulgarian Bag over your shoulders and going for a run? :D
Haha, well...indeed that will burn quite a bit of fats.

I was just reading an article from Mike Mahler, a renowned kettlebell trainer. He recommended kettlebell High Octane Training(HOC) for serious fat burning! Its a style of training use by boxers which combines cardio with muscular endurance like kettlebell ballistic exercises.

For example, Go to a track field and place a kettlebell on opposite sides of the track. Start jogging and each time you pass a kettlebell station, stop and do a ballistic drill like kettlebell swings or cleans.